Before I made the decision to go freelance, I had a million questions.
Now that I actually am a freelancer, I have a million more.
And it seems that everyone I talk to about what I do is curious about how I spend my days, what I really do and what a freelancer’s life actually looks like. Do I just sit around in my pyjamas all day on Facebook, or is there more to it?
So I decided to try something new.
For the last couple of weeks I’ve been documenting my freelance life through a series of YouTube videos, each one designed to answer one of the questions people most frequently ask me, or to address one of those issues I was so curious about before I started.
Here’s the vlog I created on my very first day as a full-time freelancer:
In my first couple of weeks, I’ve covered:
- The great pyjama debate: should freelancers get dressed up every day, or is it OK to work from your PJs?
- My goals for 2015, and how you can create attainable goals for yourself.
- Planning my days: how I make sure I am productive with my time, and some tips to help you achieve your own goals each day.
- What do I do? A bit about my own freelancing, and what services I provide to my clients.
- Writing a novel: Although not technically about freelancing, my newfound freedom has given me time to work on my first novel; a fact that is usually met with a bunch of questions. In this vlog I talk about what I’m writing as well as my process.
There are plenty more topics to come, so please head over to my YouTube channel and hit that subscribe button to make sure you don’t miss any of my vlogs.
Before I record my next episode, I really would love to hear from you! What questions do you have for me as a brand new freelancer? Let me know what vlogs you’d like to see from mein the comments below and I’ll do my best to answer your questions in my upcoming videos.Want to see more posts like this?
Follow me on: